Thursday, January 21, 2010

I'm Going Back To The Start

First off, I celebrated my four year diabeticversary on Saturday. Four years, whew. Some days I forget I even have it, others I've tossed my pump down the hallway in frustration. (Note: I don't advise throwing a $7000 medical item. Ever. I also never said I always used my brain.) Even though I don't always like dealing with it, I am thankful for the impact it has made on my life. No one ever said this life was going to be easy, and thank God it isn't. Because I'd be INCREDIBLY bored.

So that was this weekend. Didn't really celebrate too much except for some awesome cupcakes for the "normals" (all relative) and some special ones for me and those who dared to try them.

In other news, another momentous occasion is soon on the horizon.... I'm going back to school on Monday! I'm excited, scared, vomitous and most importantly, ready. I am so ready to get back into the swing of things. However, you know those first day jitters? I feel like catepillars infested my stomach, hatched and now are swarming around has giganto butterflies. Dramatic? I know. But I'm trying to make a point here! For me it's nerve-racking because I'm starting mid-year, commuting and completely changing my major. Also, the school is literally twice the size of Scranton. Plan of action: get there early and try not to get lost on the first day. But we'll see.

Honestly, I can not believe I'm starting all over again. It was rough the first time, but to have to do it again, frankly I don't want to. Today was the first day I realized that I'm not going back to Scranton. And it stung. A lot. I loved the school and the people there. I always loved the sense of community at Scranton. I just hope I can find it here too. I am super duper excited to start my psych classes though. I am not however looking forward to Spanish. It's been a good year since classes, so I am a little rusty, to say the least. Well nothing like diving in with both feet!

I'd also like to make a general note to the public: My pancreas is getting a complex.

If you understand that then, kudos to you.

Peace, Love & God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment