Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Note to self:

Sometimes I feel like I forget to live.

It's similar to forgetting to breathe. Ever try it? You may have, but it's always been voluntary. You never clutched your chest because you simply "forgot" to breathe at that moment. Forgetting to live is similar. I feel like there's so many moments that happen every single day, that keep us alive, yet we choose to ignore them or are to busy to notice.

I hate when I do that. Lately I've been preoccupied with my transfer situation. Although I'm happy to report that I am transferring to Southern CT, I still have so much to complete in a weeks time. It's taken so much of my energy that lately I've just not been the same. But then I realize that it will happen. Just as it always does. Today I wished I stopped to enjoy the beauty of the sun rising over the snow-glistened trees, or really appreciated an excited phone call I received this morning. Or even relishing the moments that I feel truly loved, just in this past hour.

My wish for everyone today is that you appreciate the moment. It is so cliche. But seriously, don't forget to live. I do it all the time. But everyone feels best when they're joyful, loved or in awe. Those are the moments that stick with you. I feel overwhelmed when I simply remembered how much I am love and how much love I have for others.

So add it on your everyday to-do list. Life is so worth living when you actually remember to do it.

Peace, Love & God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment